|Optimized for MSIE with a resolution of at least 800 x 600.|
Thank you for taking the time to visit “Whistling Death”. This is dedicated to the most beautiful and easily recognizable aircraft in the world, the Corsair. I chose the name “Whistling Death” for this site because the Japanese referred to the Corsair with this ” endearing” term during World War II.
This site will be my attempt to share my passion and provide as much information as possible about the Corsair. I was surprised to have found only two other sites that deal with the Corsair specifically. It is my hope that this site will be the most informative and accurate as possible. As you can see by the menu to the left, this site will focus on the following topics:
- History – First hand accounts from Veterans who served with the Corsair in WW II, Korea, and in peacetime operations and a Bio on the designer of the Corsair and much more.
- Variants – All variants technical specifications of the Corsair will be covered.
- Engines – Technical specifications of the Pratt & Whitney engines used by all variants.
- Aces – I hope to have a short Bio of all the Corsair Aces.
- Gallery – This section speaks for itself. Well worth a peek.
- Flt Sims – Featuring flight simulators with the Corsair.
- Scale Models – This section will feature some beautiful scale models of Corsairs built by modeling enthusiasts all over the world.
- Logbook – This is “Whistling Deaths” guest book.
- Links – My favorite sites for aviation history, aviation art, flight simulations, and Web Rings that I am a member of.
- Sources – Here is where I will have all of my sources of information for “Whistling Death”.
Please feel free to contact me if you feel that I have provided any information that is inaccurate or if you would like to contribute in any way.
Thanks again for stopping by,